Long time no see really! How is everyone doing? (including my blog, hehe). I’ve been really really lazy but busy as well lately and unfortunately food blogging just isn’t the top priority. But after a good friend of my told me that I should get started with the blog again (Thanks Trang!) and by the way, she has an awesome blog too, hehe. But hey, I’m back again with a new recipe! Wooohoooo!!!
Well actually… It was no real recipe and was pure creativity in the first place. Saw some nice steaks, marinated it with onion powder, salt and pepper, some chilli flakes and seared it until it was medium rare. Pasta cooked till al dente, stirred in a nice thick, creamy sauce with wild mushroom. The flavors were in just beautiful, the steak was nice and juicy, still pink in the middle and it was perfect for a dinner 🙂
*Ingredients: (1 portion)
– Flank steak (dry-rubbed with some onion and chilli powder) – 150g
– Wild mushrooms – 50g + 1 tbsp minced shallots for stir-frying + Olive oil 1 tbsp
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Cream – approx. 30ml
– Parmesan cheese – just not too much!
– Penne pasta – 100g
– Parsley to garnish
1. Cook the steak to rare or medium/rare. Let it rest on the chopping board for 5 min.
2. Cook the pasta al dente, 8-10 min. Keep it hot.
3. Heat up the pan, add oil, shallots. Add in the mushrooms when the pan is nice and hot. Stir-fry for a few minutes and season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Slice your steak into thin, long strips.
5. Add the pasta and a bit of the starchy water that you cooked the pasta into the pan. Season again.
6. Add the cream and steak. Stir-fry for another 1 min.
7. Plate and garnish with chopper parsley.
DONE! BON APPETIT!!!!!