It’s hot, it’s sunny, it’s summer time and it’s the perfect time for a slice of lemony cheesecake that literally freezes everything around you and make you feel refreshing! The only downside for this dish is that it contains a lot of fat and sugar, which is detrimental to your body. But then all desserts are! And come on, cheesecake isn’t the least healthy choice compare to other stuffs but please, do not try to eat the whole cheesecake by yourself, that’s not recommended :)) This recipe is beautifully simple, it’s not mine but I’ve modified it (I saw it somewhere on the Net, can’t remember right now) as I want something less sweet and more refreshing. So here you go !
400 g digestive biscuits
150 g butter
10 g lemon/orange zest
1 1/2 small-medium sized lemons
500 g Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
100 g white sugar
150 ml condensed milk
1. Break the biscuits into small crumbs, I would suggest using a food processor if you want to save a lot of time (especially if the biscuits are tough, some are very tough to break).
2. Melt the butter and mix with the biscuit crumbs until they can form a firm base on the round baking pan.
3. Form the base on the round baking pan with removable side. Bake for 20-25 minutes on 180oC (this is why it’s “nearly” no bake)
4. Squeeze the juice out of the lemons, make sure the seeds are removed. Set aside.
5. Mix all the rest of the ingredients together using a plastic spatula until a smooth consistency has been reached.
6. Take out the base and let it cool down so it doesn’t melt all the cheese filling.
7. Add the filling onto the base and spread it evenly using a spatula (I’m not great at this unfortunately…)
8. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours to set
9. Serve with fresh berries, mangos, pineapples, or just like that. DONE!