So it was midsummer yesterday, what could be a better dish to kick start a wonderful summer party than this bright, flavourful Soba noodle salad with fresh herb sauce and marinated tofu. It’s cool, it’s fresh, it’s summer, doesn’t get much better than that seriously. And the good news is that this beautiful side-dish is extremely simple to prepare, no jokes.
*Ingredients: serves 2 (not necessary to follow the exact amounts)
– Soba noodle 120 gr (Mì Soba)
– Tofu 100 gr (Đậu phụ)
– Dark soy sauce : 1tbsp (Xì dầu đặc)
– Light soy sauce : 2 tbsp (Xì dầu loãng/ Magi)
– Yakisoba sauce : 1 tbsp (Sốt Yakisoba)
– Red/green bird eyes chilli: 3-4 depends on taste (Ớt xanh/đỏ)
– Sugar 1 tsp (Đường)
– Oyster sauce 2 tbsp (Dầu hào)
– Rice wine vinegar 1 tsp (Giấm gạo)
– Sesame oil 1 tbsp (Dầu vừng)
– Coriander (cilantro): a small bunch (mostly leaves if you want, the stem has a stronger taste) (Mùi ta)
– Grated ginger : 1 tsp (Gừng)
– Green onion: as much as you like (Hành lá)
1. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Immediately chill in ice water to shock the noodle -> stop it from being over-cooked.
2. Slice the tofu into bite-size pieces. Fry in hot oil until golden (hot or not, stick your chopstick in the oil and see if the oil starts to bubble). Drain excess oil off.
3. Mix the sauces, ginger, chili and coriander in a blender. Blend until unified, smooth dressing.
4. Mix all the ingredients together and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
5. Serve cold with barbecued meat!
– No matter how accurate the recipe is, always taste when you’re cooking. Even Gordon Ramsay tastes.
– Feel free to adjust the recipe according to your taste, be creative!
Love to hear from you guys 😀