It has been a really really long time since the last time I posted a new recipe up here. But the good news is I’m back in Foodie Town. This one is dedicated to all those who love a nice asian noodle wok but hate that greasy, fatty chinese take away. With only a few ingredients, it’s simple, healthy and delicious. And by the way, it takes only 15 minutes in total to do this, what’s better than quick and tasty? Anyway, this is how to make it:
*Ingredients: (1 portion)
- Chicken breast – 100g
– Dried shiitake mushrooms – 30g + 2 tbsp minced shallots/garlic for stir-frying + Oil 1-2 tbsp
– Light/dark soy sauce + oyster sauce to taste
– 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine + 1 tbsp oyster sauce + 1 tbsp soy sauce to marinate the chicken
– 2 large Shanghai bok choy
– Dried egg noodles – 100g
– A little water for the sauce
1. Soak the shiitake mushrooms in water at least 1 hour before cooking
2. Slice the chicken breast into long thin strips and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
3. In a wok, turn up the heat and sweat the shallots and garlic until they are fragrant.
4. Now, turn the heat to max, add the chicken, mushroom and extra soy/oyster sauce. The fire should be burning like you’re in hell right now. That’s called “breath of the dragon”.
5. Slice the bok choy into long and thin strips as well, blanch in water for 1 min. Add them to the wok with the chicken.
6. Blanch the egg noodles in hot water for 3-4 minutes then drain, then add immediately to the wok.
7. Add some more seasoning and water to the noodle.
8. Continue cooking for about 3 minutes, then plate it up and serve!